Friday, January 18, 2008

Taco Soup

This soup is SUPER GOOD. It makes A LOT so it is great to put in bags and freeze for later. With one batch, it made 3 meals for my family. Its super tasty and very easy.

2 small cans light kidney beans
2 small cans dark kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes (I buy the basil & garlic flavor)
1 can corn
1 lb hamburger with 1 packet mild taco seasoning and a little water
40 oz. tomato juice (add as needed . . . I never use the whole thing)
white or brown rice (optional- make enough to feed your families needs)
Frito Lays or French Bread ( I prefer fritos)

Cook hamburger. While it is cooking add all other ingredients to a large pot. Mix the taco seasoning and water to hamburger and put in pot . . .heat thoroughly. While heating through cook instant rice in separate pan (I don't make very much maybe 1 cup for 2 people because I only put a little on the bottom).
TO SERVE: Place rice in the bottom of bowl, add soup, grated cheese, Frito lays and sour cream.
This is SO GOOD with all of those things on top! Its also yummy with French bread.

No comments: